Tuesday, January 4

When I Was 10 and Small

I wrote this poem as a replacement to my original entry to Pamiyabe when i was in College, unfortunately they chose my original entry instead.

When I was barely 3 feet tall
and my age is turning 10.
I use to trek along the hills
dancing along in wilderness.
I jump and hop and run a-free,
And used to climb the sturdy trees.
When I was 10 and oh! So small.
I felt free, I felt so tall,
I felt the passion burning bright
Above the hill of glowing minds.
I dream of dreams a way too high
As I look unto a lover’s eye.
I used to say a day will come
And the kid in me will grow.
I used to say that come a day,
I’ll spread my wings. I’ll fly away
That! So long when leaves are green,
And dreamer’s dreams are high.
That! When birds still sings melodious.
And trees spring with fruits.
That! When season
has not yet ended.
And years has not yet passed.
That! When dreams are oh so simple
And fairies still have their trust.
But trees weaken and became older,
And dreamers left their dreams uncut.
Few birds are now complaining,
Few now in cage are locked.
Spring has dried and forest brown.
And season changed its color fast.
The kindred spirit of my child’s heart
Had faced the man’s trouble land.
The arrows set
on my way had cling. And mar the timid flapping
of my wing.
When I was barely 3 feet tall
I dream of future in deep solace.
now I grow and my year’s double
The dreams of childhood had past!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infolinks